Thursday, August 17, 2006

Once On My Way Along The Golden Path

Once on my way along the golden path
strayed did I distracted by your beauty
Never before had I seen such vision
looking back upon the dream I’d witnessed
We lied within merriment and chatter
reveling in the occasion did we
When cobbles are not twenty four carat
never happier or warmer can I be
than when company means us,
you and me

When was it you gave up on your childhood
only to find you could shower in mine
Why does the devil stand on one shoulder
shouting more than the angel on the right
The images come in on firefly wings
quickly dissipate on tiny mist clouds
All I am left with are youthful pastels
lingering from childhood grins and stained chins

Gaze at every worn and mossy stone
I do so not to avoid what’s to come
but rather feel a future memory
whilst still it flitters about your warm face
Only briefly I glance at your image
out of fear that if I drink too long
soon you will be gone into sad absence
I do not keep close company with Greed
nor do I ride alongside Jealousy
But thinks I would slay a thousand or more
should they try to do you wrong or cause pain

Now sadness comes as I lay down my pen
for I know not your name nor have we met
I take deep breath and comfort my weary chest
The will of God has yet to let it be
Until that time
I am already yours

-Mr. Bloggerific Himself, 08172006