"Today is the greatest..."
That Billy Corgan is full of shit.
(This vulgarity is served up with a friendly reminder to tune in to David Letterman's show on Monday evening to see YPS!!'s pal and all-around musical genius, Tommy Womack, perform in Todd Snider's band.)
UPDATE!!
Letterman Update
Monday August 28th 2006, 7:49 am
Filed under: News
I’m in New York at the Park Central Hotel right now. Just had a great Thai dinner with Will, Molly, Paul, Peter and Peter’s wife Charlotte. Here’s what’s up for tomorrow. I just recently found this out. Dave tapes TWO shows on Monday: Monday night’s show and FRIDAY night’s show. My understanding is that the show we tape tomorrow will air Friday night. To be on the safe side, I’d say stay up late enough to see who the musical guest is Monday night, and if it’s not Todd, then you’ll know we’ll be on Friday. And with that, I bid you good night from the city that never sleeps. My goodness. Letterman. The Ed Sullivan Theater. These are the kinds of things that have always happened to other people, not me. And now it’s me. All I can think to compare the feeling to is maybe, say you drive to your relatives’ house for Christmas dinner, and you drive for 23 years, no stops to pee, 23 years of driving. After 23 years, you finally pull into their driveway. That’s what this feels like. I reckon. I just looked in the mirror right now, just to make sure I’m still me, that it’s really me this stuff is happening to. Sure looks like me in the mirror! I reckon it’ll look like me on television too, only ten pounds healthier. Thanks for all your good wishes and kind words. Think good musical thoughts for all of us. Letterman. Letterman! Unbelievable.
God bless,
Tommy